Project Managers and Ethics, Leadership, and Technology
Write a ten to twelve (10-12) page paper in which you:
- Describe the different organizational structures as it relates to project management (i.e., functional, project-based, matrix).
- Discuss at least two (two) different roles that project managers can play in organizational leadership.
- Describe at least three (3) human resource factors that affect project management.
- Recommend five (5) conflict resolution techniques that project managers can utilize to keep team members productive.
- Explain at least three (3) leadership approaches and when they are best utilized.
- Describe five (5) ethical situations or dilemmas that project managers might face in their role within an organization.
- Summarize tools and techniques commonly used in project procurement.
- Assess the role of technology in project management.
- Provide your expectations for the development of the project management field aided by modern technologies.
- Use at least four (4) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Describe and demonstrate ethical practices in project management.
- Examine the human resource factors that can impact project management.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in IT project management.
- Write clearly and concisely about issues in IT project management using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.