What are the key differences between relationship selling and traditional methods of selling?
1. Discuss the role of personal selling in promoting products. What advantages does personal selling offer over other forms of promotion?
2. What are the major advantages of personal selling to the company selling a product? What are the advantages to the person or company buying the product?
3. What are the key differences between relationship selling and traditional methods of selling? Which types of products or services do you think would be conducive to relationship selling?
4. Based on the key differences between traditional and relationship selling, which type of sales approach would you use as a salesperson? Do the different approaches require different personal strengths or attributes?
5. Consider each step in the selling process. Which steps could be conducted through technology (Internet, webinars, etc.)? Which are most important to handle “face-to-face”?