What are the benefits of using Social Media in Healthcare?
As the trend for owning these mobile internet devices increases, so does the use of social media. We can connect with others, search for content, find answers to questions, shop for products, and so much more with these platforms. Because of the simplicity to reach targeted audiences, it’s no surprise that these channels are starting to gain popularity within the healthcare space.
Research the topic “Social Media Usage in Healthcare”
Answer the following questions:
- What are the benefits of using Social Media in Healthcare?
- What are the risks of using Social Media in Healthcare?
- Are there possible ethical issues? If so, what are those?
- What would influence a patient to use Social Media for healthcare information?
- What would influence a patient not to use Social Media for healthcare information?
- How does clinicians (physicians, nurses, physical therapists, community health educators, etc.) use utilize Social Media for professional reasons?