Health Promoting Behavior Calista Roy Case Study Analysis
#1Calista Roy case study
A 23-year-old male patient is admitted with a fracture of C6 and C7 that has resulted in quadriplegia. He was injured during a football game at the university where he is currently a senior. His career as a quarterback had been very promising. At the time of the injury, contract negotiations were in progress with a leading professional football team.
1. Use Roy’s criteria to identify focal and contextual stimuli for each of the four adaptive modes.
2. Consider what adaptations would be necessary in each of the following four adaptive modes: (1) physiological, (2) self-concept, (3) interdependence, and (4) role function.
3. Create a nursing intervention for each of the adaptive modes to promote adaptation
Choose one health-promoting behavior in which you personally could but don’t engage. Identify factors, as defined in the health promotion model, which contribute to your decision not to participate. Include immediate competing alternatives.
2. Analyze factors that contribute to your participation in a health-promoting activity and place each factor under the appropriate label from the health promotion model.
3. Consider your own philosophy of health and prepare your description of wellness. Is absence of disease more prominent than positive, active statements of health?
4. Anticipate the health-promoting behaviors important at various stages of development across the life span. What health promotion topics do you include in your practice?