Formulate a written and oral presentation for conveying care-related data to the interprofessional team.
Part 1: Nursing Research
Among Adolescent habitual smokers, how does the introduction of a school-based smoking cessation program help reduce the rate of adolescent smokers compared to the number of adolescent smokers before the school-based cessation program was introduced within four months?
Locate six quantitative articles directly related to the PICOT question
1. Provides a detailed description of the of the purpose of each article
2. Provides a detailed description of the research question of the purpose of each article
3. Provides a detailed description of the scientific method of each article
4. Provides a detailed description of the of the results of each article
5. Provides a detailed description of the conclusion of each article
Part 2: Nursing Research
Suppose you are going to conduct a study utilizing Qualitative Research Design:
1. Which type of research would you use
2. Which method would you utilize to collect data and select your sample.
Part 3: Pathophysiology
Forty-nine–year-old Frank has been a heavy drinker for the past 25 years. He also has a history of hypertension, hyperlipidemia, and recent upper respiratory viral infection. Frank’s only current medication is Lasix (furosemide) 40 mg od. He presents with severe epigastric pain that radiates to his back and worsens when lying down. His abdomen is distended, and bowel sounds are hypoactive. Frank has a fever and is diaphoretic and hypotensive, and his serum calcium is very low.
Frank is being transferred to the ICU. If you were the ICU nurse
1. What would you have to consider in Frank’s case?
2. What would you expect in the way of treatment modalities for Frank?
Part 4: Clinical practice (write in the first person)
As this course wraps up, take a moment to examine each of the course outcomes.
MN610-1: Construct clinical reasoning skills in evaluating, planning and implementing care across gender and age span in a culturally competent manner for patients experiencing acute and chronic disease processes.
MN610-2: Develop an evidence-based management plan for clients in the primary care setting with acute, episodic, and chronic illnesses, taking consideration of gender, culture, and ethnicity.
MN610-3: Create age-appropriate plans for health promotion, health maintenance, health restoration, and health teaching when treating adults.
MN610-4: Integrate clients’ cultural preferences, health beliefs, spiritual beliefs, behaviors, and traditional practices into the individualized management plan.
MN610-5: Formulate a written and oral presentation for conveying care-related data to the interprofessional team.
1. Discuss how you met the course outcomes for this course by providing an example for each one.