Examine why it is important to include the marketing department in the strategic plan.
Prior to beginning work on this discussion forum, read Chapters 1 and 2 from our textbook and the instructor guidance along with the following resource: The Definitive Guide to Strategic Market Planning (Links to an external site.)
Choose one of the organizations from the list below or identify a nonprofit hospital in your community to research. Review the Mission, Vision, and Values (MVVs) statements from the organization. If the values statement is not available, please indicate that in your initial post. Please note, this same list of organizations is provided for the Week 3 assignment and the Week 5 final paper . You may want to review multiple organizations to determine which one you would like to use for those assignments. While you are not required to use the same organization in the Week 3 assignment as you this activity, you are expected to use the same organization for both the Weeks 3 and 5 assignments:
· CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Health System
· Cleveland Clinic
· Henry Ford Health System
· Lutheran Services in America
· Mayo Clinic
· Shriners Hospitals for Children
· Jude Children’s Research Hospital
· Stanford Medical Center
· Trinity Health
· UC Davis Medical Center
· University hospital or other nonprofit hospital in your community
· University of Texas Health (UT Health)
· Veteran’s Health Administration (VHA)
Information search tips:
Search the organization’s name on the internet. Open the homepage of the organization. Select the links for the different pages, usually located at the top of the webpage or in the footer section at the bottom of the page. In addition, you can enter the organization’s name and the topic in the search box. For example, Cleveland Clinic Mission, Vision, and Values
For additional guidance, review the following resources:
· What Is CRAAP? A Guide to Evaluating Web Sources (Links to an external site.)
· Advanced Internet Search Techniques (Links to an external site.)
· Keywords Are Critical (Links to an external site.)
In your initial post,
· Identify the organization and provide a URL to the Mission, Vision and Values page.
· Explain why the Mission, Vision, and Values are linked to the strategic plan.
· Briefly discuss two goals you would expect to find in the strategic plan for the chosen organization and include your rationale for the choices.
· Examine why it is important to include the marketing department in the strategic plan.
Your initial post must be at least 250 words and use a minimum of two credible sources to support your discussion content. The supporting resources can be the textbook as well as the required or recommended resources provided in this course, the University of Arizona Global Campus Library, or credible websites.
The Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. All referenced materials must include citations and references in APA format. Please see directions for including APA Style elements on these Writing Center pages: APA: Citing Within Your Paper (Links to an external site.) and APA: Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.) .
Spath, P. L., Abraham, S. C., & Mishek, J. H. (2022). Strategic management for healthcare organizations (2nd ed.). Zovio.
· Chapter 1: Introduction to Strategic Management
· Chapter 2: Leadership, Governance, Values, and Culture
· The full-text version of this ebook is available through the Constellation suite accessed through your online classroom, mobile app, or the Constellation (Links to an external site.) website. This book is a comprehensive text on how to develop and evaluate strategic plans. Chapter 1 discusses the elements of strategic management process, and Chapter 2 discusses strategic leadership and management.