A description of current risks that healthcare providers face from violence in the workplace.
1) Describe a model that you might use to introduce a policy change of your choosing other than what you will address in the upcoming assignment.
2) Why is it relevant to this policy change?
3) How would you implement that model?
Purpose: you will create a slide presentation in which you will present information to support the passage of HR 5223.
Your presentation should put forth a convincing argument based on your research and should be designed as if you were addressing a group of legislators whose support you are trying to obtain.
Your slide and audio presentation must address:
1) A description of current risks that healthcare providers face from violence in the workplace.
2) Information from professional nursing associations which support your argument for minimizing the risk of violence in the healthcare setting.
3) Identification of a theoretical or regulatory model which would be applicable to the passage of HR 5223.
4) Identification of stakeholders who will benefit from the passage of HR 5223 and how they would benefit.
5) Potential barriers to passage of HR 5223 and how they can be overcome.
Topic: Employer and employee rights
1) Evaluate how the topic impacts your role as an advanced practice nurse.
2) What are the legal implications related to your role?
3) Analyze how understanding of the chosen topic will impact your future role as an advanced practice nurse.
Select a local or state health care policy or legislation that was enacted in the last 5 years (Florida). Then:
1) Summarize the policy or legislation.
2) Analyze at least one strength and one weakness of the policy or legislation.
3) Discuss the impact of the policy or legislation for all stakeholders, both providers and consumers.