Sociology Critical Analysis Paper
The writing assignment in this course is a critical analysis and reflection of the materials and topics that you learned about throughout the semester in this course. In other words, your reflection should focus on the way in which learning about the different course topics have changed or not changed your personal views on the topic(s).
This is assignment is considered a formal academic writing assignment. As such, I expect that you to do all of the following:
· Write with an academic voice/tone.
· Use proper English spelling and grammar.
· Use the same glossary of terms that the reading’s author uses. In other words, do not make up your own descriptors such as informal clichés, text speak (e.g. ROFL), emoji, non-text characters.
· Write with purpose in organized paragraph form. Each sentence should contribute to your overall writing (no fillers like “very very very very interesting”).
· The assignment must be formatted according to ASA style. At minimum, this includes the following:
· in-text citations
· reference list
· typed, double-spaced, 12-point Times New Roman font, with 1-inch margins
Your final paper should be a minimum of 2 pages and a maximum of 3 pages. Please do not vary your font, font size, spacing, or punctuation in an effort to overcome length requirements, as this will be readily apparent.
This assignment is worth 200 points and will be graded based on the rubric (located on Canvas). Refer to the course summary section of the syllabus, located at the bottom of the syllabus section in Canvas, for due date.
Critical Writing Assignment Rubric
|Critical Writing Assignment Rubric|
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeTopic||
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeDepth and Breadth of Content||
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeOrganization||
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomePaper Length||
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeReferences and Citations||
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeGrammar and Spelling||
|Total Points: 200.0|