Language And Speech Disorders
Observe and collaborate with a certified K-5 classroom teacher about language and speech disorders and appropriate interventions.
Use your mentor teacher collaboration and classroom observations to examine the following:
- Types of learning disabilities and impairments experienced in professional practice and in the current classroom setting, to include autism, specific learning disability, traumatic brain injury, and speech and language impairment/articulation disorders.
- The effect of language impairment on social and academic skill development.
- Research-based instructional and classroom interventions for meeting the needs of students with language and speech impairments.
- Types of AAC or AT systems, including how those tools were integrated into instruction.
- Recommended resources or materials to meet the needs of students with language and speech disorders.
In 500-750 words, summarize and reflect upon your collaboration and observations. Explain how you will use your findings in your future professional practice.
Support your work with 2-3 scholarly resources.
This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.