In what ways does the U.S. government intervene in the economy?
Now that you have been introduced to different economic systems in Chapter 17 and the government’s role in the economy in Chapter 18, watch the video “5 Reasons Income Inequality Has Become a Major Political Issue” about the growing wealth gap in the U.S. Answer the following questions in a post of at least 150 words:
- What type of economic system does the U.S. have?
- In what ways does the U.S. government intervene in the economy? Who benefits from government intervention?
- According to the video, what economic changes have to lead to growing income inequality in the U.S.? In what ways do you feel the impact of income inequality in your own life?
- Your answer must be written in one short, clear, and coherent paragraph (at least 150 original words & 5 sentences), i.e. it DOES NOT include the questions, names, titles, and/or references. It also DOES NOT include meaningless filler statements.
- Respond to at least two (2) classmates with substantive commentary that addresses their post (with at least sentences for each).
- This is your opportunity to have meaningful conversations with your peers.
- Work must be original, so produce your own work! Your post may be checked for plagiarism.
- Write clearly for ease of reading and understanding.
- Make sure to pay attention to spelling and grammar.
- The instructor reserves the right to submit work in SafeAssign. SafeAssign reports with a similarity index of 10% or higher after quoted material and citations are excluded, will receive a grade of F (0 points).