Importance Of Engagement
In this assignment, you will continue to develop the classroom management plan for your future classroom by creating Section 2, “Student Engagement Strategies.”
Crucial elements of classroom management are developing strategies to engage students, promoting individual and group motivation, and encouraging positive behaviors among students. For a future teacher, developing a toolkit of effective engagement and classroom management strategies is important.
For this assignment, create a 10-15 slide digital presentation on the importance of engagement strategies related to student motivation. This presentation will be used in a professional development workshop for first-year teachers.
Include the following:
- Explain why engagement strategies are important for fostering self-motivation and positive social interaction among students of diverse backgrounds
- Describe three engagement strategies you can apply in your future classroom that foster active engagement in learning, self-motivation, and positive social interaction.
- Explanation of how engagement strategies and activities can be used to support individual learning needs. Provide two engagement strategies to support English language learners and students with exceptionalities.
- Provide two examples of how instruction could be modified using technological tools to encourage student engagement.
- A title slide, reference slide, and presenter’s notes.
Support your presentation with 2-3 scholarly sources.