Enthalpy Diagram And Hess Law
Be sure to include for enthalpy diagram:
· x-axis is reaction progress, y-axis is enthalpy
· line on the left with all reactants and phases
· line on the right with all products and phases is lower for diagram A, higher for diagram B
· Vertical arrow is drawn precisely from the H of reactants to H of products: down for diagram A, up for diagram B
· Arrow is labeled with the enthalpy of reaction (physical quantity = number/unit)
· Since the magnitude of the numerical value for B is greater, the line should be proportionally longer.
2. NOTE: Change “enthalpy of atom combination” to “enthalpy of reaction.”
3. Draw a particle-level picture of MgCl2 (aq). Provide a key
4. Draw one fully solvated potassium ion and one fully solvated chloride ion in an aqueous solution. Clearly represent any differences in how each ion is solvated.