Describe your preferred learning strategies.
Learning styles represent the different approaches to learning based on preferences, weaknesses, and strengths. For learners to best achieve the desired educational outcome, learning styles must be considered when creating a plan. Complete “The VARK Questionnaire,” located on the VARK website, and then complete the following:
1. Click “OK” to receive your questionnaire scores.
2. Once you have determined your preferred learning style, review the corresponding link to view your learning preference.
3. Review the other learning styles: visual, aural, read/write, kinesthetic, and multimodal (listed on the VARK Questionnaire Results page).
4. Compare your current preferred learning strategies to the identified strategies for your preferred learning style.
5. Examine how awareness of learning styles has influenced your perceptions of teaching and learning.
In a paper (750‐1,000 words), summarize your analysis of this exercise and discuss the overall value of learning styles. Include the following:
1. Provide a summary of your learning style according the VARK questionnaire.
2. Describe your preferred learning strategies. Compare your current preferred learning strategies to the identified strategies for your preferred learning style.
3. Describe how individual learning styles affect the degree to which a learner can understand or perform educational activities. Discuss the importance of an educator identifying individual learning styles and preferences when working with learners.
4. Discuss why understanding the learning styles of individuals participating in health promotion is important to achieving the desired outcome. How do learning styles ultimately affect the possibility for a behavioral change? How would different learning styles be accommodated in health promotion?
· In formal writing you should avoid personal references and use of first person. This assignment does make this more difficult. There are ways to write without saying “I”. Work to limit the use of “I statements” in this paper.
· Try: The writer of this paper found that the visual learning style had the highest score….
· Or: According to the findings of this author….
· Or: After taking the VARK questionnaire the author of this paper was surprised to find the results included a strong preference for aural learning. This is not a strategy often used
Cite to at least three peer‐reviewed or scholarly sources to complete this assignment. Sources should be published within the last 5 years and appropriate for the assignment criteria.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
RUBRIC: Personal learning style according to the VARK questionnaire is identified and described in detail. Summary offers examples that display personal insight or reflection.
Personal learning strategy is clearly described. A comparison of current preferred learning styles and VARK identified learning styles is detailed. Overall discussion demonstrates insight into preferred learning strategies and how these support preferred learning styles.
Importance of learning styles for a learner, and importance of educator identifying individual learning styles and preferences when working with learners, is thoroughly discussed. The importance of learning styles for learners participating in healthy promotion, and identifying them as an educator, is clearly established. Strong rationale and evidence support discussion.
Understanding the learning styles of individuals participating in a health promotion, and the correlation to behavioral change and achieving desired outcomes is discussed in detail. A strong correlation has been established. Accommodation of different learning styles is discussed. The narrative demonstrates insight into the importance of learning styles to health promotion and behavioral outcome
Thesis is comprehensive and contains the essence of the paper. Thesis statement makes the purpose of the paper clear.
Clear and convincing argument that presents a persuasive claim in a distinctive and compelling manner. All sources are authoritative. Writer is clearly in command of standard, written, academic English. All format elements are correct. Sources are completely and correctly documented, as appropriate to assignment and style, and format is free of error.